The Killing Floor is a field that damages enemies that tread over it. It was introduced in the September 26, 2011 update as paid DLC, but is now free for all players.
The Killing Floor damages enemies that walk over it. It is capable of hitting multiple enemies. It has a cooldown period after making an attack.
- Unlike most towers, Killing Floors reliably hit the weak spot of Hoverers.
- Killing Floors can be used to sort Hoverers out before they draw the fire of other towers to themselves which cannot harm them and is better used on other enemies.
- Killing Floors work very well against runners, especially if you use a few killing floors after another. Walkers and Big Walkers are also effectivly damaged.
- Killing Floors are useless against soakers
- Try to pack enemies together so that they enter killing floors together.
- If enemies come from two startpoints, placing the entry to your maze in the middle between both startpoints makes them arrive together. Other towers are more effective when you separate enemies though.
- Slow field may help with packing enemies together just before a killing field.
- As an advanced version, you may place a level 1 slowfield before a level 2 slowfield. On each decrease of speed the enemies will get closer together.
- Often though, just more killing floors instead of Slow Fields is better.
- The actual mesh of Killing Floor is a completely flat sheet. Its 3D look is achieved by a shader.
|Creatures||Walker · Big Walker · Runner · Charger · Tank · Hoverer · Bobble Head · Soaker · Blocker · Spore Pod · Glider · Dodger · Spitter|
|Towers||Block · Televator · Lightning · Gatling · Scatter Laser · Anti-Air · Mortar · Slow Field · Amp Field · Holo · Killing Floor · Violator · Penetrator · Kairos · Accelerator · Drone|
|Weapons||Assault Gun · Freeze Gun · Sniper · Shotgun · REX · Tesla|
|Maps||Mine · Bridge · Arc · Glade · Complex · Facility · Aftermath · Aftershock · Cavern · Slums · Christmas · Yogscave · Corporation · Invasion · Chasm|
|Game modes||Single player · Multiplayer · Survival|
|Strategy||Level Maze Designs · Weak Spot|
|Insane difficulty guides||Mine · Arc|
|Storyline||Web Comic · Elysion One · The Old City · Brightsiders|
|Characters||Skye Autumn · Sweet Autumn · Jacksson Whalebrook|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements · Options · Coffee Stain Studios · Game Updates · Soundtrack|