Localization files in the Unreal Engine allow to set different values for variables (usually the text of strings) depending on the selected language of the game.
You can easily create a localization file for your language and submit it to Coffee Stain Studios so that it can be added to the official release of the game for everyone to use. (You may want to check here first if the translation has been done or started already)
- Find the original English localization file in YourSteamFolder\steamapps\common\sanctum\SanctumGame\Localization\INT\Sanctum.int and create a copy of it somewhere else. You will work on this copy.
- Now open the file with a text editor of your choice and start translating. You should always try to not exceed the number of characters that was used in the original English version, since menu elements are often adjusted to the length of those words and thus longer translations might be cut off.
- The developers prefer it if you translate everything (even the names of towers and creatures) as fittingly as possible. Map names may remain untranslated, though.
- You can (and should) test your localization in game by making a safety copy of the original Sanctum.int file and replace it then with your translated version. It is perfectly fine to join multiplayer games with your edited file, but keep in mind that the file will be overwritten with the original one again if the game gets a Steam update.
- If you want, you can give your file the proper extension. INT means international and thus English, but other extensions are derived from the Alpha-3 codes of ISO 639-2.
- Paste your translation at Pastebin (you can choose INI as syntax highlighting, if you want) and make a post about it in this thread.
Omitted translations (that means a missing variable, not a missing translation for that variable) automatically fall back to the INT file's localization, so even if the developers add new content, it won't stay blank in other languages that did not receive updated localization files yet but simply show the original English version for that particular case.
|Creatures||Walker · Big Walker · Runner · Charger · Tank · Hoverer · Bobble Head · Soaker · Blocker · Spore Pod · Glider · Dodger · Spitter|
|Towers||Block · Televator · Lightning · Gatling · Scatter Laser · Anti-Air · Mortar · Slow Field · Amp Field · Holo · Killing Floor · Violator · Penetrator · Kairos · Accelerator · Drone|
|Weapons||Assault Gun · Freeze Gun · Sniper · Shotgun · REX · Tesla|
|Maps||Mine · Bridge · Arc · Glade · Complex · Facility · Aftermath · Aftershock · Cavern · Slums · Christmas · Yogscave · Corporation · Invasion · Chasm|
|Game modes||Single player · Multiplayer · Survival|
|Strategy||Level Maze Designs · Weak Spot|
|Insane difficulty guides||Mine · Arc|
|Storyline||Web Comic · Elysion One · The Old City · Brightsiders|
|Characters||Skye Autumn · Sweet Autumn · Jacksson Whalebrook|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements · Options · Coffee Stain Studios · Game Updates · Soundtrack|