This page gives you a quick overview over the effects of each setting that you can change in the options menu.
- Combat Text
- If enabled, numbers are shown above the enemies that indicate how much damage your weapons did.
- If enabled, a bar is shown above each enemy, indicating the percentage of health remaining for that enemy. As an enemy is damaged, the bar shortens and changes colour.
- Visualize Range
- If enabled, the range of a tower is projected as an orange circle on the map when you aim at it.
- HUD Arrows
- If enabled, players get little colored arrows in the overmap.
- Enemy Path
- If enabled, the (shortest) path of the enemy spawn to the core is shown during the build phase as orange dashed line between each waypoint in the maze.
- Field of View
- Defines what angle you can perceive with your vision in-game. The lower this value, the less you can see at once but the view is more zoomed in. Higher values let you see more of your surroundings at a time but result in a fish eye-like perspective.
- Head Bobbing
- If enabled, the camera will move slightly up and down and from one side to the other as you walk.
- The language that is used for all text in menus and in game. For some languages does this also cause the text-to-speech voice to pronounce the chat in the selected language, if the voice (Microsoft Sam) supports that language.
- The resolution at which the game is rendered.
- If disabled, the game is run in windowed mode.
- Ragdoll Details
- How many active ragdolls (bodies of dead enemies) can exist at a time before disappearing and how accurate their physics are.
- Gibs Details
- How many gibs (fleshy chunks produced by killing enemies with a high-damage weapon) can exist at a time.
- Texture Details
- The resolution of textures used on objects in game. Lower values result in a less detailed and muddier look of the game but require less VRAM.
- If enabled, the frame rate is capped at the refresh rate of your monitor to prevent visual artifact seams.
- If disabled, characters (enemies and other players in multiplayer) won't cast a shadow. Lightmapped shadows of the level geometry and dynamic shadows of the towers are not affected by this.
- If enabled, a post-processing effect is used to make corners darker where geometry overlaps in order to simulate indirect lighting.
- If enabled, lights and glowing objects will outshine into surround objects like an aura and will look more intense in general.
- If enabled, objects after a certain distance get blurred to simulate a focusing effect of the eye.
- If enabled, some materials like glass or the railgun beams are not just translucent but distort their background a bit.
- Dynamic Light
- If enabled, things like gunfire actually light the surrounding world and are not just a plain texture effect.
- Fog Volumes
- <--- Obviously it has to do with the fog, but I never noticed a difference between having it enabled or not. --->
- If enabled, visual rays of light are cast where a light source in your view is close to occluding geometry.
- Master Volume
- This slider scales the general volume of everything in the game equally.
- Special Effects
- Volume of gunfire effects and the like.
- Volume of sound sources in the maps, like birds, waterfalls, etc.
- Volume of the Text to Speech voice.
- Volume of the background music.
- Text to Speech
- If enabled, everything that is entered in chat will be read out by a computer voice.
|Creatures||Walker · Big Walker · Runner · Charger · Tank · Hoverer · Bobble Head · Soaker · Blocker · Spore Pod · Glider · Dodger · Spitter|
|Towers||Block · Televator · Lightning · Gatling · Scatter Laser · Anti-Air · Mortar · Slow Field · Amp Field · Holo · Killing Floor · Violator · Penetrator · Kairos · Accelerator · Drone|
|Weapons||Assault Gun · Freeze Gun · Sniper · Shotgun · REX · Tesla|
|Maps||Mine · Bridge · Arc · Glade · Complex · Facility · Aftermath · Aftershock · Cavern · Slums · Christmas · Yogscave · Corporation · Invasion · Chasm|
|Game modes||Single player · Multiplayer · Survival|
|Strategy||Level Maze Designs · Weak Spot|
|Insane difficulty guides||Mine · Arc|
|Storyline||Web Comic · Elysion One · The Old City · Brightsiders|
|Characters||Skye Autumn · Sweet Autumn · Jacksson Whalebrook|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements · Options · Coffee Stain Studios · Game Updates · Soundtrack|